Hearts & Minds BookNotes

annotations, blurbs and ruminations

to enlarge the heart & stimulate the mind

and to happily generate mail order business for Hearts & Minds bookstore

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallastown, PA

My lovely wife Beth and I own and operate--proprietors makes us sound more classy than we really are--a cluttered, diverse and independent bookstore in Central Pennsylvania. After well over 20 years, we are still not sure what to say when people ask if our shop is a "Christian bookstore." I do a monthly book review column over at our website; we hope that these new blogged bits will afford friends and customers the chance to see other books I happen to be reading, wishing to read, pretending that I read or at least believe that others should, if not read, know about. We have three children, attend a Presbyterian church in York, PA and have no hobbies.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Hearts & Minds Books of the Year Awards part 1


Books of the Year. That would be last year, of course. And it is only Part One. You know I can't restrain myself. See the goofy catagories, the obscure listings, the pandering, the agonizing choices, the multiple ties and runner-ups and honorable mentions. All in it's sprawling glory. Yes, believe it or not, blog-fans, it can be found under the December "Review Articles" column. Click here to see our big 2006 Awards list. 2006 Best Books, Part Two will come soon, in the January spot. It is a fun list, too, believe you me.

Enjoy.

Any complaints or accolades, bring 'em on! Thanks.