Hearts & Minds BookNotes

annotations, blurbs and ruminations

to enlarge the heart & stimulate the mind

and to happily generate mail order business for Hearts & Minds bookstore

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallastown, PA

My lovely wife Beth and I own and operate--proprietors makes us sound more classy than we really are--a cluttered, diverse and independent bookstore in Central Pennsylvania. After well over 20 years, we are still not sure what to say when people ask if our shop is a "Christian bookstore." I do a monthly book review column over at our website; we hope that these new blogged bits will afford friends and customers the chance to see other books I happen to be reading, wishing to read, pretending that I read or at least believe that others should, if not read, know about. We have three children, attend a Presbyterian church in York, PA and have no hobbies.

Monday, February 12, 2007

2006 Best Books Part Two


The long-awaited (am I fooling myself? It may be long-forgotten, except for the two or three guys who have been ever-hopeful in their inquiries about this) 2006 Book of the Year Awards Part Two are now up, posted as a January column over at the Hearts & Minds webpage.

Please, please, please check it out, reading my crazy categories and very astute picks. A-hem. Seriously, some truly great books have come out in the last year, and we are thrilled to plug a few here. If you didn't read Part One, I've actually tweaked that list just a bit (added two more in the always popular "Books I Loved To Hate" category.) So check the December Book Review article for that, and the new January article for Part Two. I wish our awards were known far and wide, not for our sake, really, but so that these good books could be more widely known, honored, considered. There are others, to be sure. What would you pick??

Thanks very much. Happy reading!