Hearts & Minds BookNotes

annotations, blurbs and ruminations

to enlarge the heart & stimulate the mind

and to happily generate mail order business for Hearts & Minds bookstore

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallastown, PA

My lovely wife Beth and I own and operate--proprietors makes us sound more classy than we really are--a cluttered, diverse and independent bookstore in Central Pennsylvania. After well over 20 years, we are still not sure what to say when people ask if our shop is a "Christian bookstore." I do a monthly book review column over at our website; we hope that these new blogged bits will afford friends and customers the chance to see other books I happen to be reading, wishing to read, pretending that I read or at least believe that others should, if not read, know about. We have three children, attend a Presbyterian church in York, PA and have no hobbies.

Friday, May 19, 2006

Yes, I've gone and done an article on The Da Vinci Code


Yep, I did it. I wasn't going to, and then I did. Five random points, a couple of nifty hot-links to some unexpected sites and a very interesting annotated bibliography. We do a new essay each month about this time over at the Hearts & Minds website, and this month we are proudly adding to the net overload of all things Da Vinci.

I would be delighted if you checked it out, and even more delighted if you told your friends and neighbors. And then, consider buying a couple of books for your local library. I'll bet you haven't see this particular batch of recommended reads on anybody else's list.

You can find the Hearts & Minds website article and book list here.

For a special treat during this Dan Brown superbowl weekend, we'd recommend owning the marvelous CD Great Big World by singer-songwriter, Pierce Pettis, and play his wonderous, haunting song, "Leonardo." We sell all his albums--Pierce's that is, although Brown probably has some recordings, too--and couldn't resist telling you about this one. The lyrics are best heard with the song, but for now, check out the words, here.