Hearts & Minds BookNotes

annotations, blurbs and ruminations

to enlarge the heart & stimulate the mind

and to happily generate mail order business for Hearts & Minds bookstore

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallastown, PA

My lovely wife Beth and I own and operate--proprietors makes us sound more classy than we really are--a cluttered, diverse and independent bookstore in Central Pennsylvania. After well over 20 years, we are still not sure what to say when people ask if our shop is a "Christian bookstore." I do a monthly book review column over at our website; we hope that these new blogged bits will afford friends and customers the chance to see other books I happen to be reading, wishing to read, pretending that I read or at least believe that others should, if not read, know about. We have three children, attend a Presbyterian church in York, PA and have no hobbies.

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Subscription Snafu

Just a very quick announcement to tell you that the Hearts & Minds BookNotes blog automatic subscription---you can "subscribe" and you will be notified with a brief email when I post a new one every few days---has been somehow snafued, disabled, kaput. But now it has been healed. Or at least somewhat healed, for now.

Please, if you're reading this and you have not subscribed, please consider doing so. It takes five seconds and it would give you a chance to know whenever I ramble. Well, whenever I ramble on about books....if I leave the house for parts unknown, you won't know that. I'd be happy to see your email name in my subscription list and it will keep the H&M crew assured that I'm not wasting my time on this.

We trust that the subscription service is now up and running again---scroll on down a bit and see how many entries you've missed. Hopefully, now, though, we are "Automatic for the People."
Tee hee.

A special kiss of peace (Biblical guy that I am) to those special few who were worried about us when they weren't notified. It means a lot to think somebody notices these things.